International students

We value the global perspective and cultural diversity our international students bring to our College community and respect the tremendous challenge students embrace by choosing to study in a second language.

We will consider enrolment applications from international students from Prep to Year 12 wishing to apply for a student visa, subject to compliance with minimum requirements and conditions set by the College, and with legislative requirements of the State of Queensland and the Commonwealth of Australia. This includes any requirements to undertake extra tuition to learn English to meet the English language proficiency standard needed to enter mainstream classes.

Course Credit

International students entering Years 11 and 12 can be credited with prior learning in the following ways:

1. As credit towards the calculation of Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) Equivalents.

2. When a student is enrolling at Clayfield College directly from an overseas school and where the report card from that school shows that the student has studied an equivalent subject to the one they are undertaking at Clayfield College, credit for one or more semesters may be given providing that:

  • The subject is deemed equivalent in content
  • The subject has been studied for multiples of six monthly periods
  • The level of study is deemed to be comparable to the level of study that the student would have undertaken had they enrolled in a similar course in Queensland.

3. As credit towards attaining the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)

The decision to grant credit under these terms, rests with the College.

International students who study for more than four semesters in a Queensland school may have prior learning credited towards a QCE by applying to the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Relaxation of the Core. To do this a student must:

  • Apply in writing to the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (proformas available on their website)
  • Provide documentary evidence which includes the most recent school reports, proof of the level of study undertaken, and a letter from the Principal of the overseas school stating that the subject was studied for a minimum of 55 hours per semester, including assessment.

The decision to grant credit under these terms rests with the QCAA, not Clayfield College.

Studying in Australia 

For more information regarding studying in Australia, please refer to the following websites:

Department of Home Affairs:

Study in Australia:

A full list of our International Education Agents is available here.

For all international student enquiries, please contact [email protected] or 07 3262 0220.